Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites #2) by Avery Aster

Blurb:


At thirty-three Warner Truman is one of the richest men on the planet, a spa mogul who buys and sells resorts at will. He holds powerful executive’s careers in his well-groomed hands. Nothing is beyond Warner’s reach…until he meets her.

Stunning, tantalizing, and perverse, Taddy Brill captivates Warner’s carnal desire like no woman he’s ever met. A self-made millionaire, Taddy is tougher than steel, more brilliant than diamonds and, at twenty-seven, she’s never depended on a man for anything…until she meets him.

The more Taddy plays with Warner’s affections, driving him to erotic heights, the more she is confronted by a dark past. But before she can love him, Taddy must meet her worst fears head-on or risk losing it all, including herself.



I found this book hard to read. Not because of big words that I would have to constantly search in the dictionary. But I found the writing style difficult. For me personally.

This is why I gave it 4 stars it's a great novel and is exactly what it is crude, hot and sweaty showered in money and sweat. It just wasn't for me. But it is great! I loved Taddy just not always the sex scenes...

This book is said to be read as a stand alone as well but to me I feel I should have read the first one. It does tell you ALOT about the other characters but I wish I'd known them better.


Some bits put me off like: getting off whilst having a foot massage kinda icked me out. Especially when asked not to :S can you say awkward? But Taddy always took it in stride.

I like a crude romance and a domineering character. But the sex felt almost too dirty in places for me and kinda showed a gross side of things such as certain bodily fluids being shared. Then other times I would see the sex asa hot intense f***. Very hot and sweaty. Just not always my cup of tea... (Gosh can I sound any more English?!) Any who.....

Taddy is a very promiscuous character, bold like her favourite colour Red, this story was funny in places, with dry humour and blunt comments.

She was constantly horny. Salivating over many men. Yes eye candy is awesome, but she was a bit of cat in heat. Her tone was dry, sarcastic and blunt. But this isn't a complaint her character didn't act like anything other than what she was supposed to be! This is her personality. Like some characters are virginal, others are kicks ass. Taddy is a sexual vixen of a woman in power and know exactly when, where and what she wants.


I guess she isn't my ideal character but for many others she is.

But I was entertained! Her bold personality and wisdom, quick witted comments made me think every now and again I could learn a lesson. Such as confidence, female power and sweaty addictive sex. Especially with hot stuff Warner.

As you can tell Taddy leaves you with quite the scandalous opinion of her and the elite and sex.

So if you want:
Blunt
Sexy
Dirty
Hard
witty
sarcastic
strong, independent woman.
voluptuous horny vixen.
Super hung Hero

You have a dirty f***able romance. With high society and ALOT of money.


Just try not to make Taddy Something she isn't. A stereo typical modern heroin. Because she isn't and never will be and that my friends makes her a very refreshing and new character to read.


Note: An honest review Via an Arc on NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment