Review: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott. Fitzgerald



The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my all time favourite novel... Every time I read it, I fall in love with Jay Gatsby. He's enigmatic, cool and collected, he's everything that makes this novel. I wish he'd ditch his fascination with Daisy and come find ME! haha :P


My favourite quotes:

“In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars.” -

I want this on my bedroom wall... It sounds so enchanting, captivating and hypnotic - I wish I could pull myself into this story and live it.


description

“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” - Daisy.

“Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.” - Meyer Wolfsheim

“I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.” - Nick

“No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.”

In fact, maybe I should stop quoting, you'll probably end up with the whole novella on here!

description


CHEERS!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment