Review: Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris


Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I think I may be starting to loose hope when it comes to mafia fiction. For me, their story lines are like marmite, I'll either love it and be gushing and practically fainting from the excitement of the next potential novel or I'll screw my face up after one bite and refuse any more of it.

Well, in this marmite situation I've headed more towards the latter action.

First of all, I have an irrational dislike for the term, "black molasses", it's used frequently, including in Bethany- Kris's other novels. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS! I mean, I get it's supposed to describe his sexy voice, in a different way from the usual descriptions "velvet", "dark chocolate", "sinful", "rich" blah, blah, blah, you get it? But how can a term be sexy, when I have no idea what it is?... So, being me, I googled it, it seemed like a logical way to end my cluelessness about it.

This is what I found:

description

So essentially, his voice is a healthy sweetener, a dark brown goo... Nah, it still doesn't do it for me, there's nothing naughty about it...

In the end I couldn't read the rest. Maybe, I'm just not cut out for this genre of book anymore... Plus, I didn't really care for the amount of information I received about other characters, I would have much preferred the heroine and hero's.

But, that COVER, I mean, HOT DAMN! That is some fine art!!! Perhaps I'll try this story again another time... Just not today.


No comments:

Post a Comment