Review: Raze by Tillie Cole


Raze by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


FINALLY! I have found a mafia book I can read the WHOLE way through! Tillie Cole, you wonderful woman, I'm seriously fan girlin' over this book, seriously, it has a treasured place on my bookshelf now! And I can't wait for the next novel!



descriptionReview:

Its been a while since I've given a book 5 stars, but this one certainly warrants it! I read it in 5 hours, my book funk has finally ended!

I can't write much about the plot, or anything really, because even the tiny spoilers would be earth shatteringly big and I want you, no, NEED you to be as clueless and as captivated as I was.

WARNING: This book handles dark themes, so if you dislike books that handle abuse of any kind, perhaps this won't be your cup of tea.

Raze, was a complex, strong, yet vulnerable hero. He's a killer, he was trained, no, brain washed to kill or be killed himself. He's a cage fighter to the death. This book uses both Raze and Kisa's (the heroine) POV, through this it allows you, as the reader, to dig deep into his thoughts, the raw, the pure and also the tainted. I both sympathised with him, one minute wanting to hug his wounded heart out and the next chanting for him to kill and maim his competitors, be the killing machine he was.

Kisa, I felt for her too, trapped in a relationship with Alik, brainwashed into staying, trapped by abuse and her betrothal. Tillie Cole, didn't just focus on the physical, but the mental repercussions, how Alik brainwashed her into feeling she was helping him, that his jealousy and controlling personality was because he loved her.

I just can't recommend this enough, it's tragic, violent and yet sweet.

I highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment